[gmavenplus-announce] GMavenPlus 1.5 Released

[gmavenplus-announce] GMavenPlus 1.5 Released

keeganwitt
Administrator
GMavenPlus 1.5 has been released to CodeHaus Nexus and should appear in Maven Central shortly.  This release fixes
  • [GMAVENPLUS-35] - Groovy version cannot be detected if Groovy classes are contained in the build classes folder
  • [GMAVENPLUS-36] - Groovy 1.5.8 should be blacklisted for Groovydoc

The first issue is the most significant, but only affects those bringing in Groovy through an uberjar.  The second just improves the error message when trying to use 1.5.8 for Groovydoc.  There should be no breaking changes this release.

With Codehaus shutting down, I'm requesting all future bugs be reported on GitHub.  I saved all the Jiras on GitHub for reference.  The Codehaus wiki will also no longer be updated.  You should instead refer to the GitHub wiki.  I'll be moving the artifact deployments to Sonatype (which also syncs with Central).  As for the mailing list, since our messages are pretty low volume, I'll probably just use whatever Groovy does.  If it becomes necessary, I may create a Google Group or something.  If you have an opinion on this, feel free to chime in.  GitHub will always have the latest information.

Enjoy!

[gmavenplus-announce] Re: [groovy-user] GMavenPlus 1.5 Released

keeganwitt
Administrator
Manually I'm afraid.  Since GMavenPlus only had 36 issues, I just used the "Export" button.  I wish we had the ability to do a dump of the database.  It'd be useful for projects like Groovy that might be moving to another Jira instance in the future.

-Keegan

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:35 AM, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats!

Out of curiosity, how did you do the JIRA -> Github transfer?
All manually, or did you find a nice way to automate that?

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager

[gmavenplus-announce] Re: [groovy-user] GMavenPlus 1.5 Released

keeganwitt
Administrator
Also, on further reflection, I've decided to go ahead and create a Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/gmavenplus.  Since the volume is low, we'll use that list as the replacement for both [hidden email] and [hidden email].  There won't be a replacement for [hidden email].

-Keegan